CMA - Critical Messaging Association
The Critical Messaging Association of Europe (CMA-E) is the industry association for companies that are dedicated to the wireless delivery of time-sensitive, critical messages in Europe. CMA members consist of network operators, manufacturers and others that combine to deliver reliable, point-to-multi-point simulcast technology and integrated messaging solutions for critical and non-critical communications. The mission of the CMA is to advance the industry to ensure world-wide growth by:
- Providing a forum for industry participants to exchange ideas, technology, and explore new business opportunities;
- Advocating for favourable regulatory policies;
- Developing, promoting, and administering technology-related standards;
- Creating a unified global voice for the critical messaging industry.
The CMA-E was originally the European Mobile Messaging Association (EMMA). In October 2012 the CMA formed an alliance with the US based Critical Messaging Association so that both organizations could work together to promote their ideals throughout the world.
CMA-E welcomes anyone involved in the critical messaging industry in Europe or Asia to join.
Board of Directors
The Critical Messaging Association-Europe is managed by a Board of Directors elected for a period of two years by the Members.
- Derek Banner, Critical Messaging Association-Europe Chairman (United Kingdom)
- Jacques Couvas, Honorary President (France)
- Chris Jones, Director (United Kingdom)
- Linda Cox, Director (United Kingdom)
- Dietmar Gollnick, Director (Germany)
- Jim Nelson, Director (USA)
- Johan Agren, Director (
- Kirk Alland, Director (USA
Membership of the Critical Messaging Association-Europe (CMA-E) provides you with a passport to connect your organisation with a dynamic group of fellow messaging companies from around the globe. All members of CMA-E share a common purpose; to advance the industry through sharing innovative and forward thinking ideas.
- Attendance at Industry Events to aid Networking, New Product Development, Idea Generation and Market Awareness:
- Free participation in the annual Critical Messaging Summit
- Ability to initiate and/or Chair Working Groups, Task Forces and other industry initiatives
- Free attendance to CMA-E organised industry round tables
- Participation in all CMA-E activities including the ability to vote and to be eligible for Board
- Global Business Partnership
- Free access to other CMA-E Members' and their company information
- Increased Brand Awareness & Global Marketing
- Priority to provide speakers and sponsorship at CMA’s annual summit and convention.
- Inclusion of company news articles on the CMA-E website
How do I become a Member?
To become a member of CMA-E your organisation must be involved in the messaging industry in either Europe or Asia and be willing to contribute to the activity of the Association. To apply for membership, you must first complete an application form which will be submitted to the board for approval. You will then be contacted if your membership has been accepted.
Membership of CMA-E is for a period of one year and is non-transferable.
For more information on membership please contact the CMA.