Sonim Announces New Design Win Awards with Leading Canadian Carriers for Next-Generation Rugged 5G Smartphone and PTT-focused Feature Phone
Sonim Technologies (Nasdaq: SONM) announced today the company has secured design win awards for the company’s next generation products from two long-time carrier customers in Canada. The design win awards include a next-generation ultra-rugged 5G smartphone and a PTT-focused feature phone.
These new Canadian awards follow previously announced design win awards from leading US carriers for Sonim’s next generation products. The ultra-rugged 5G smartphone is expected to be released in Q3 of 2022 and includes many of the features and capabilities that Sonim is known for, such as military grade durability and tightly integrated Push-to-Talk (PTT) communications.
“We are very pleased with the carrier response to our next generation rugged 5G smartphone,” said John Graff, Chief Marketing Officer at Sonim. “We have been hard at work transitioning our product portfolio to a new generation of devices starting with the introduction of our XP3plus rugged flip phone this fall, that launched at two top US carriers and will be launching in Canada in Q1 2022. We have a strong customer base in Canada thanks to our carrier partners, and we are pleased they have shown great interest in our full portfolio of new products.”
Sonim is a leader in providing some of the most rugged mobile phones for task workers in industries such as public safety, construction, manufacturing, field service, transportation, hospitality and more. Key features of the new devices are expected to include:
- OneTouch PTT – a dedicated PTT button provides instant communications with no need to wake up the device or launch the app like consumer smartphones
- MCPTT – mission-critical PTT support, working closely with carriers to provide the reliable communications needed by public safety and other customers
- Red (Emergency) Button – instantly alert dispatch and/or emergency services which can be customized with the free Sonim SOS application and available through the FirstNet App Catalog
- Ultra-loud speakers and noise suppression – ensure you can stay in communication in the harshest conditions
- Ultra-rugged accessories – a broad range of industrial accessories, including remote speaker microphones, wireless mics, in-vehicle mounts to address the common needs of first responders
- Support for 5G networks, public safety broadband network, and CBRS-based private networks.