INVISIO Communications launches secure headset for explosive environments and new customer segments
INVISIO has now received IECEx and ATEX (94/9/EC) certification
INVISIO Communications has developed a new version of the successful headset INVISIO M3. The new version, called M3 EX, has been developed to be absolute secure to use in situations where the tiniest spark could result in a fire or an explosion.
- We are already established as a strong supplier within for example fire fighting, but by being able to offer IECEx and ATEX certified products we open new customer segments as mining and offshore operations where this kind of certification is a must, says Lars Højga?rd Hansen, CEO of INVISIO Communications.
INVISION M3 EX is a new model in the M3 series, specially developed for use in environments where there is risk for explosions. Typical examples can be in mines, oilrigs and certain industries. In these places it can be crucial that the equipment do not emit sparks through static electricity or loosely fit plugs, or through extremely hot components that could ignite gas or explosive dust.
INVISIO has now received IECEx and ATEX (94/9/EC) certification, which means that INVISIO M3 EX has gone through rigorous tests in order to make sure that it meets international directives for secure use in explosive environments.
ATEX is an abbreviation of Atmosphe?res Explosives and INVISIO M3 EX meet both 1999/92/EC, which dictates what an employer must do in order to have a safe production, and 94/9/EC, which describes quality control, qualification for use above/below ground, what temperatures the equipment can take and what category of exposed environment that the product is purposed for.
On top of the IECEx and ATEX-certification, INVISIO M3 EX has the same qualities as the previous versions. That means among other things that it uses the patented technology INVISIO Bone Conduction, which enables clear and undisrupted communication in demanding and extreme environments by picking up vibrations from the jaw bone instead of a regular microphone.
- The requirements of the IECEx and ATEX certifications are extremely high. But for the men and women working under difficult conditions with the risk of fires and explosions it is obviously of highest importance to be able to fully rely on the equipment. The fact that German TU?V has tested and certified our headset INVISIO M3 EX feels of course tremendously good for us, says Lars Højga?rd Hansen.
INVISIO M3 EX is:
- Based on the well-tried INVISIO M3
- Certified by TU?V in Germany for IECEx and ATEX (94/9/EC)
- Developed for use in explosive environments, including mines
- Secure even if two different errors would occur with the product at the same time
- Meets the standards up to 85 degrees Celsius (185 degrees Fahrenheit) surface temperature (class T6)
- The highest classes of protection against risks with gases and fogs
- IP67 - entirely dust proof and water proof down to 1 m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes