JVCKENWOOD Celebrates the 10th Anniversary of NEXEDGE Technology and Introduces Multiple products at IWCE2018
JVCKENWOOD Celebrates the 10th Anniversary of NEXEDGE® Technology, Introduces New POC LTE Products, DMR Tier III and Simulcast Solutions, Digital On-Site Portable, Cloud-Based Viking® Vault, KENWOOD Viking VM7000 and Latitude™ Technology at IWCE 2018.
JVCKENWOOD will feature the following new products, plus a suite of innovative location and detection solutions, in Booth 535 at the IWCE 2018 event, March 7-8 in Orlando, Florida:
- IWCE will mark the official celebration of the ten-year anniversary of the introduction of NEXEDGE digital radio technology in North America. NEXEDGE is built on the pioneering NXDN® Common Air Interface (CAI) which was recognized in 2017 as an international open standard. NEXEDGE radios feature industry-leading multi-protocol digital operations, supported by ground-breaking IP-based NEXEDGE Gen2 system technology. Millions of NEXEDGE radios are used in every major industry and government setting and NEXEDGE is integrated into hundreds of local and regionally connected systems and thousands of sites.
- With the acquisition of DMR developer Radio Activity S.R.L., based in Milan, Italy, and the constant addition of new DMR features, DMR Tier III trunking and simulcast prototypes will be unveiled at IWCE. This expands KENWOOD’s capabilities for wide area coverage used by manufacturing, utilities and other industrial users and expands the digital portfolio that already includes NEXEDGE-NXDN, P25 and LTE.
- The NEXEDGE NXDN conventional simulcast architecture for wide area applications is integrated into the NXR-5000SR Series simulcast repeater, simulcast controller, that supports up to 48 repeaters per site, and high-performance GPS receivers. NEXEDGE simulcast allows radios to roam among sites without special programming, simplifying operations and, with its design based on 6.25 kHz very narrowband channels, it also does not require specialized FCC licensing.
- KENWOOD branded LTE devices are ultra-rugged Android smartphones with advanced features for industrial and mission critical environments.
- ProTalk® adds to its line of on-site radios with the NX-P500 NXDN dual digital and analog portable, a 2-watt compact handheld with a 7 color LED status indicator, 750mw speaker, bright 16-digit LCD display and extended battery life, that meets Mil-Std 810 and the IP67 immersion standard.
- Viking® Vault is the new cloud-based application designed to enable the quick and easy transfer of KENWOOD Viking P25 perpetual software licenses and to give users a comprehensive view of their existing Viking radio fleet and all software licenses, including non-perpetual licenses.
- The KENWOOD Viking VM7000 P25 all-band multi-deck mobile radio can simultaneously receive and display up to four bands, so a call is never missed. With “select” and “unselect” speakers, the audio control is similar to a dispatch console.
- Patented Latitude™ technology makes the ATLAS P25 Phase 2 system the safest and most flexible P25 system. With distributed call control, a failure at one site does not affect the operation of the remaining sites.