Motorola Solutions Publishes Annual Corporate Responsibility Report
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, today released its annual Corporate Responsibility Report, which highlights the company’s strong corporate stewardship, commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and focus on operating responsibly and sustainably.
“The challenges of recent years have reinforced Motorolans’ steadfast commitment and passion for our purpose – to help people be their best in the moments that matter,” said Greg Brown, Chairman and CEO of Motorola Solutions. “Our team is innovating and transforming the critical technologies public safety professionals and enterprises rely upon, while continuing to give back to our communities and serving as a positive force for change. We’ve made great progress, and I look forward to the important work ahead as we aim to create a better, more equitable and safer world for all.”
In 2021, Motorola Solutions focused its corporate responsibility efforts around:
- Further embedding diversity, equity and inclusion into our culture and business – adopting “Inclusive” as a company value, introducing a DEI strategic plan, launching company-wide DEI training and establishing a DEI Advisory Council to monitor progress and further advance our efforts to enhance the culture for every Motorolan.
- Creating economic opportunities for diverse-owned and small businesses by further expanding our inclusive supply chain, with more than 600 diverse suppliers added in 2021, resulting in an economic impact of $990 million.
- Expanding our team of cybersecurity experts and fostering a mindset dedicated to cybersecurity. Last year, our Cybersecurity Champion Program grew to include more than 650 employees across the globe — all focused on maintaining security standards for the benefit of our customers and communities.
- Laying the groundwork to be able to establish a new goal of a 95% Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emission reduction by 2031.
- Championing a culture of ethics and compliance through comprehensive training programs and the engagement of business conduct champions throughout the organization to provide guidance to employees at a local level.
- Giving back to the communities in which the company’s employees live and work in partnership with the Motorola Solutions Foundation. In 2021, Motorolans increased their volunteer hours by more than 60% and were generous with their charitable donations, resulting in more than $1.5 million in matching gifts granted to more than 900 causes.