Project 25 Technology Interest Group Publishes "P25 for the Future"
P25 for the Future Panel Presentation and P25 Update
The Project 25 Technology Interest Group recently published: "P25 for the Future".
This is a 45 minute video panel presentation that was presented by PTIG (Project 25 Technology Interest Group), as part of the recent virtual IWCE conference.
In this video you will get a latest update on the Project 25 Standards and LMR-LTE Interworking presented by Andy Davis from Motorola Solutions and Chairman TIA TR-8. See an LMR-LTE interworking concept model from Jeremy Elder L3Harris.
Also hear from Jim Downes, from DHS CISA and the Chairman of the Project 25 Steering Committee, on the Steering Committee's priorities and focus going forward as well as significant new P25 Outreach and education documents now available.
Finally hear from Cindy Cast of Miami Dade County and Brad Stoddard of the State of Michigan on their P25 systems and why P25 remains the primary Mission Critical PTT service for their agencies.
Speakers and topics covered by the panel are below:
Project 25 For the Future
Steve Nichols, Director PTIG
- Meeting Agenda and Introductions, Project 25 Technology Interest Group (PTIG) Overview
- P25 Resources & Documents Available, P25 Benefits.
Andy Davis Senior Resource Manager, Project 25, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS, Chairman TIA TR-8
- P25 Standards Update and Priorities of Future Work in Process. ATIS/TIA WG: Interworking between P25 LMR and First Net
Jeremy Elder Director, Product Management, L3HARRIS Corporation
- LMR-LTE Concept Model for Interworking Applications
Jim Downes Chief Federal Emergency Communications Section, DHS CISA & Chair of P25 Steering Committee
- P25 Steering Committee Priorities: ISSI/CSSI Interoperability- Linking P25 Systems, KMF/KFD Encryption Key Interoperability, P25 Education and Outreach, P25 Testing + CAP Update from Sridhar Kowdley DHS CAP Program.
Brad Stoddard Director Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Michigan SWIC & Cindy Cast Radio Systems Manager Miami Dade County FL
- P25 Users Update: Why P25 remains the primary Public Safety Grade PTT technology. P25 Sharing = Cost Savings and Interoperability, P25 and COVID response.