Everything under control: the PTC680 combines TETRA functionality and broadband services in one device
The 325 gram device from Hytera's innovative series of Multi-mode Advanced Radios is the ideal communication solution for all types of mission-critical operations as well as for daily business operations with special requirements.
The PTC680 combines TETRA wireless functionality, LTE technology and the benefits of an Android-based smartphone with flexible data transfer via WiFi, Wi-Fi, NFC or Bluetooth in a single device. It is sufficiently robust (MIL-STD 810 G and IP68 certified) to withstand the harshest and most challenging environments.
Audio and video recordings and data services
The new TETRA multi-mode radio from Hytera has two HD cameras – a front camera with 5 megapixels and a camera on the back with 13 megapixels – for taking pictures and videos (in Full HD). The data storage of the radio (32 GB) can be expanded via micro SD card slots. The PTC680 captures video in real-time and provides continuous communication with back-end systems, such as emergency response communications to their control centres.
This ability to quickly share information results in faster response times in application situations, making situation-based decisions easier. Using this feature in industry makes operations much more efficient.
Easy, fast operation for time-critical situations
The 3.6-inch, high-resolution colour touchscreen user interface is simple and intuitive to use, even with gloves, for faster emergency response and quick access to information. It can be operated with just one hand via a rotary knob, a smart key, the PTT button and five programmable buttons. The most important information can be captured at a glance on the top display. This makes the PTC680 a valuable assistant in all critical operations.
The most important features at a glance:
- Full TETRA functionality
- Simple operation with just one hand: With five programmable buttons and a smart key, the most important functions can be achieved at just the push of a button. The PTC680 also has a large PTT button and a 3.6 inch touch screen,
- Dual screens: The top display provides a quick view. The main display has touch function.
- Comfortable to use: The PTC680 can also be easily operated with gloves.
- Longevity: The PTC680 is MIL-STD 810 G and IP68 certified. It has passed 2 meter drop tests and a four hour dive test. The powerful battery ensures long operating times.
- Outstanding audio quality: The transceiver delivers clear sound with up to 128 dB of volume and 2 W of power, and features echo and wind noise reduction and multi-mic noise cancellation.
- Safety and protection: Thanks to voice and data encryption with AIE, Soft E2EE, SD card-based E2EE, the PTC680 is ideal for mission-critical communications. Major PMR features such as man-down and lone worker enhance user safety in the field.
- Traceable at all times: Positioning with GPS, Galileo, GLONASS
- Situational awareness: Two HD cameras allow photo and video recordings in real time.
- TETRA / LTE convergence: Seamless communication will be available soon with Roaming-over-IP.
- Efficient device management: The PTC680 is easy to configure and update wirelessly.